The rating agency A.M. Best has revised the outlook to positive from stable and affirmed the Financial Strength Rating of B++ (Good) and the Long-Term Issuer Credit Rating of “BBB+” of Qatar Islamic Insurance Group Q.P.S.C.
The ratings reflect QIIG’s balance sheet strength, which AM Best categories as very strong, as well as its strong operating performance, limited business profile and appropriate enterprise risk management. The revision of the outlook to positive reflects AM Best’s expectation that QIIG will continue to generate strong operating returns over the short to medium term.
QATAR ISLAMIC INSURANCE GROUP (Q.S.G.C.)
QR 150 Million Full Paid up Capital
CR 16584 – P. O. Box 22676 – Doha – Qatar
INVITATION TO SHAREHOLDERS FOR ATTENDING
THE ORDINARY GENERAL ASSEMBLY MEETING
The Board of Directors of Qatar Islamic Insurance Group (Q.S.G.C.) is pleased to invite the Shareholders’ for the Ordinary General Assembly Meeting to be held on Sunday 12.4.2020 at 1st floor in the Main Office, C Ring Road at 6.30 p.m., in case the desired quorum for the first meeting is not achieved then the second reserved meeting will be held on Wednesday 15.4.2020 at the same place and time.
AGENDA FOR ORDINARY GENERAL ASSEMBLY MEETING
1. To hear and discuss the report of the Board of Directors on the activities of the Group and the financial position for the Year ended 31.12.2019 of the Group and approve it .
2. To hear the report of the Shari’a Supervisory Board for the Financial Year ended 31.12.2019 and approve it.
3. To hear and discuss the Independent Auditors’ report on the Group’s financial statements presented by the Board of Directors for the Financial Year ended 31.12.2019 and approve it.
4. To discuss the Group Policyholders and Shareholders’ financial statements for the Year ended 31.12.2019. And to approve the recommendation made by the Board to Distribute cash dividend of 37,5 % of the share’s nominal value, i.e. QR 0,375 for each share held, to the shareholders for 2019 and approve it.
5. To absolve the Board of Directors from responsibility for the Financial Year ended 31.12.2019 and to determine their remuneration for the year 2019.
6. Discuss the report of the Governance 2019 and approve it.
7. Election 9 Board Members for the next 3 coming years from 2020 and approve it.
8. Discuss and approve the appointment of 3 members for Sharia Control Committee for a period of 3 years from 2020, and they are as following :-
1) Dr. Ali Mohei EL Din AL Quradaghi – Head of Committee
2) Dr. Yahya Hamad AL Nuaimi – Member
3) Dr. Mohd Salem Abdulla Al Yafei – Member
9. To appoint the Independent Auditors for the Financial Year 2020 and to determine their fees and approve it.
• A shareholder who cannot attend the Meeting in person may appoint another shareholder to represent him/her in writing . A shareholder may not appoint a Board Member as a proxy, and the number of shares held by a shareholder as a proxy should not, under any circumstances, exceed 5 % of total issued shares. Companies’ representatives are requested to present an authorization letter appointing them as representatives in the Meeting.
• The registration will start 1 a hour before begin meeting.
Abdulla Bin Thani Bin Abdulla AL-Thani
Word and Chairman’s Report
Report of the head of the Sharia Supervisory Board
External Auditor’s Report
This is to inform you that the place of OGAM for Qatar Islamic Insurance Group will be change to Main Office in “C” Ring Road at 1st floor, the meeting shall take place on Sunday 12.4.2020 at 6.30 pm, the second substitute meeting will be Wednesday 15.4.2020 at 6.30
The Qatar Islamic Insurance Group announced that the Investor Relations Conference will be held on Monday 2/3/2020 at 1.30 pm
Qatar Islamic Insurance Group disclosed the interim financial statements for 12 months period ended on 31.12.2019. The financial statement revealed a net profit is QR 72,675 Million in comparison to net profit to QR 63,022 Million for the same period of the previous year.
The earnings per Share (EPS) per share amounted to QR 0,48 for at of 31st December, 2019 compared to EPS amounted to QR 0.42 of the same period of in 2018.
The Board recommended distribution of Cash Dividends of 37,5 % from the share par value i.e. QR 0,375 for each share for the year 2019.
Initially, it is scheduled to hold the Ordinary General Assembly meeting at Ezdan Towers Hotel on Sunday 12.4.2020 at 6.30 pm, and the second reserve meeting on Wednesday 15.4.2020 at the same time and place after obtaining Qatar Central Bank approval.
Investor Relations Conference for Qatar Islamic Insurance Group which was held on Sunday 3.11.2019 at 1.30 pm
Investor Relations Conference
QIIG Discloses Financial Statements For The 3rd Quarter Of 2019
Qatar Islamic Insurance Group disclosed its reviewed financial statements for the period ended on 30.9.2019. The statement shows that the net profit is QR 59,773 Million compared to net profit amounting to QR 57,482 Million for the same period of the previous year.
Earnings per Share (EPS) amounted to QR 0.398 for the period ended Sept. 30, 2019 compared to EPS amounted to QR 0.383 for the same period of the previous year.
QIIC board of directors will held meeting on Tuesday 29.10.2019 to disclosed its financial statement for the 3rd quarter of 2019 ended on 30.9.2019
Dear Shareholders, please refer to the Qatar Central Securities Depository to update their personal data
Qatar Islamic Insurance Group disclosed its reviewed financial statements for the period ended on 30.6.2019. The statement shows that the net profit is QR 48,283 Million compared to net profit amounting to QR 41,115 Million for the same period of the previous year.
Earnings per Share (EPS) amounted to QR 0,322 for the period ended June 30, 2019 compared to EPS amounted to QR 0,274 for the same period of the previous year.